XENA: THEIR COURAGE CHANGED OUR WORLD
SUBMIT YOUR FINE ART AND PHOTO MANIPULATIONS
COMPETITION SUBMISSION FORM
*** 100% of Royalties / Money raised will be donated to The Starship Foundation ***
This is why we have opened up a competition to showcase the best artwork in the Xenaverse with the added benefit that TWO pieces of art will be included in the upcoming “Xena: Their Courage Changed Our World”.
All other entries (including the winning entries) will be displayed on this site to showcase the magnificent work our Xenaverse artists have produced. The competition is open to Fine Art and Photo Manipulations from Xena: Warrior Princess.
Please read the rules carefully.
1. Eligibility – The competition is open to all artists – Fine art or photo manipulation. Your work has to be 100% original and can use any image from Xena: Warrior Princess. You cannot use someone else’s artwork to incorporate into your own without the express permission of the other artist (and if you submit that art, you are to include the permission from the other artist).
2. Copyrights – All of the images that you will be submitting are images of original photo manipulations created by yourself from Xena: Warrior Princess or are artworks created by an artist from those images or imagery from the show Xena: Warrior Princess. The copyright of those images stay with NBC / Universal and are being used without being sold. Should your artwork be selected for inclusion in the book “Xena: Their Courage Changed Our World”, the artworks will be licensed for use in the book from NBC. This includes photography from the show, logos, artistic renderings and other material.
3. Format of Artwork – You may submit artworks in TIFF or JPG formats. They must be at least 300 dpi suitable for printing. No copyright notices should be placed on the artwork (a small artist signature is allowed) or site addresses.
4. Size of Artwork – the artwork should not exceed the following dimensions: 8 x 10 in (20.32 x 25.4 cm)
5. Number of Artworks Submitted – You are free to enter as many artworks as you wish by the competition’s deadline
6. Artwork Subject Matter – The artwork which will be uploaded by you will not include material that is sexually explicit (nudity and any other sexual content), violent (Beyond what Xena portrayed on the show), racist and/or homophobic.
7. Naming of Artworks Submitted – The naming of artworks should be in this format: Xena25Art-YOURNAME (you may add a number after your name if you are submitting multiple entries).
8. Jurying – A selection panel of three judges will be selected by AUSXIP and AUSXIP Publishing to select the winning artworks. You will be notified once the judging has been completed.
9. Artwork sales – There is no compensation for your work because all images of Xena: Warrior Princess are licensed by Universal / NBC. If your artwork is selected to be included in the book, your artwork will be licensed to be used in the book “Xena: Their Courage Changed Our World”. It will not be licensed to be sold individually or used in any merchandise. You will receive a copy of the ebook / print edition of the book to compensate you for your work if your artwork has been selected.
10. Usage of Images – We will have the right to publish images of your artwork on our websites and other channels to promote the book “Xena: Their Courage Changed Our World”.
11. Retention of Images – By uploading your artwork, you authorize us to retain the images of such uploaded artwork in our system until the conclusion of the competition. You further authorize us to retain such images following the conclusion of the competition. At any time, after the conclusion of the competition, you may send us an email at email@example.com requesting that we delete such images. We will confirm the receipt of the email and your images will be deleted within 10 business days after your receipt of our confirmation.
12. Changes in Schedule – AUSXIP Publishing reserves the right to change competition deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
13. Competition fees – There are no fees associated with entering the competition.
Once you have read the rules above you can submit your artwork.